Facilitation Skills & Facilitator Training
Effective Meeting Facilitation
- Communicate better as a team and achieve more for less
- Learn how to run an effective meeting
- Finish your projects on-time and within-budget
- Use your facilitator training to really understand your clients, appreciate their point of view and keep them happy
Workshops play a significant role in the creative and data capture stages of projects and, as clients demand a more inclusive and participative approach from suppliers, solid facilitation skills are essential to success. Knowing how to facilitate a workshop and how to run an effective meeting are crucial skills, particularly in the development of technically complex systems. Clients no longer expect a single company to deliver an entire project and consequently multi-agency workshops are becoming more common.
Effective Meeting Facilitation is a two-day facilitation skills and facilitator training programme, normally for a maximum of ten delegates.
Method: An online pre-programme survey allows us to customise the event, to your needs.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding facilitation– what facilitators do (and don’t do), team and group dynamics, defining the core practices, questioning techniques and the importance of wording. Reference is made to common uses of facilitation, along with sample template agendas
- Overall meeting management – the role of chairman versus facilitator, what makes effective meetings, facilitating teleconferences, using checklists
- Generating interaction – setting ground rules, removing barriers, getting buy-in, managing leaders, promoting effective behaviour, impact of cultural differences, different types of conversation, choices in decision making
- Facilitation tools – where they fit in the process, creating a useful vision, using surveys, different types of analysis (gap, root-cause, force field), multi-person voting, effective listening, brainstorming, decision grids